DEALING WITH STRESS
The training makes participants aware of what is happening to them under stress, what are its consequences and how to remedy a destructive stress.
- Recognition of situations causing stress
- Ability to identify symptoms of stress
- Understanding the tools preventing stress
- Developing personal ways of dealing with stress
Change management is a process. Having change management skills is an inseparable element of success and efficiency in professional and private life.
- The ability to effectively manage change
- Gaining awareness of what change is and how to face it or make friends
- Skillful formulation of goals
During the training participants will learn tools for conscious planning, prioritizing and building goals. They set long-term and short-term goals, creating a plan for their implementation.
- Recognition of “time wasters”, joint development of remedies
- Conscious time management by setting specific goals and controlling their implementation
- Getting to know the tools enabling efficient planning for a long and short-term
- Developing a functional day plan
ART OF PRESENTATION
Self-presentation in professional life
The proposed training is primarily the development of new skills to overcome barriers related to public speeches, the elaboration of their own style of presenting content, influencing the audience, the use of effective tools to support the audience’s attention and to exert a positive impression.
- Getting self-confidence
- Skillful influence on people
- Good presentation on the forum
- Getting to know the structure of the presentation
- Skillful use of various types of help during the presentation
- Getting to know the techniques of involving listeners during the presentation
- Developing rhetoric in answering difficult questions
- Skillful use of body language – non-verbal communication
- Controlling emotions, stage fright and stress
Training in the subject of assertiveness focuses on identifying strengths and areas to improve the behavior of participants in dealing with people and on building self-confidence.
- Defining what is and what isn’t assertiveness
- Receiving and providing feedback
- Analysis of attitudes towards oneself and the environment
- Development of an assertive attitude during conflict, denial, crisis situation
The aim of the training is to familiarize the participants with a range of conflict resolution tools and to show their consequences, so that they can decide on their behavior in crisis situations.
- Defining what conflict is
- Understanding the sources of conflict
- Understanding the tools used to solve conflicts
- Development of coping skills
- Ability to resolve conflicts within and outside the team